Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder Review
If you are in need of an entry level coffee grinder, which offers exceptional functional value for home use, then go for Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder. This is a lightweight coffee grinder with a smaller footprint and hence can be used on any kitchen countertop.
To Make Full Flavored Coffee At Your Home
This product comes in different color options so that you can select the best one suited for your kitchen. The coffee receptacle used in the product is glass and less static.
The 160 watt motor produces 720 RPM making the grinding process faster than other similar models. The Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder has a design which prevents spills and mess while operating it.
The main brewing methods offered are Espresso, filtered or drip and French Press. Finer adjustments of grinds are possible with intermediate dials. The friction clutch feature reduces the potential damage to the burr by small stones in the coffee beans. The lid on the coffee catcher will keep the coffee grounds fresh and aromatic.
The features offered by Bodum Bistro Burr Coffee Grinder to make it an ideal product for your kitchen are:
- Conical burr grinder for consistent grind
- Lid for hopper to keep the beans fresh and to avoid mess
- The anti-static borosilicate glass coffee catcher to avoid the coffee grounds sticking to the sides
- The silicon band on the grinder body provides firm grip
- 14 different grind settings for your coffee making need
- Timed dispensing avoids the need to hold the button when in operation
- Easy to use with two simple buttons to control
- Easy cleaning as it comes with parts which can be removed
- Metal body made of 100% aluminum
- Comes with bean catcher with 11oz capacity
- The product comes with a useful measuring guide underneath the lid of the hopper
- Compact and lightweight and suited for home use
- Stylish design and color choices
- Less mess and spills to clean up
- Consistent grinding
- Easier handling with programmable timer
- Comes with 2-year warranty on any defective electrical part with proof of purchase
- Most plastic parts make it less stable and less durable
- Need to stop after 20-second grind to prevent overheating
The Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder is a product which is more compact and easy to clean. It is less static than other similar products with plastic or metal grind container.
The on/ off switch makes it easy to grind and the timer helps in setting the required time. You can get the grind type you need to use the 14 stepped grind settings. The conical burr grinder offers the best method for grinding the beans without losing the freshness of the coffee.
This is a nice looking and an affordable grinder for your home coffee grinding needs. As this product comes with a two-year warranty on the defective electrical parts and on labor it is a safe purchase.
The cable hideaway will help to keep your countertop tidy. The product package includes the user manual which is written in 12 languages. The removable coffee container and the lid are dishwasher safe and hence easy to clean and maintain.
You need to go through the features and reviews about the different coffee grinders available from online shopping sites if you are planning to buy them for your home brewing need. Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder offers similar features as that of Capresso Infinity and Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind.
The size of the bean hopper is greater for Bodum Bistro with 11 Oz whereas the other two products offer only 7 or 8 Oz capacity. The borosilicate glass catcher is the biggest advantage of Bodum Bistro coffee grinder as it is less static and prevents spills compared to plastic containers.
Though Cuisinart DBM-8 is cheaper, it does not have conical burr, but instead, it comes with a disc burr. The Capresso Infinity is costlier than Bodum as it offers just 2 more grind settings. You will be able to save about $20 when you opt for Bodum Bistro and will be able to enjoy all most all the features offered by Capresso.
The Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder can be part of your home coffee making ritual as it offers fresh ground coffee with full flavor all the time you need it. There are fewer chances of burning the motor as you have to stop the grinder for a few minutes after 20 seconds of grinding.
The round shape of the Bodum container makes it easy to clean. Though you cannot expect the performance of an expensive grinder from Bodum Bistro, you will be able to use it for small quantity coffee grinding at home for years when used with care and according to the instructions.
If you do not run the unit for longer duration and make sure that you handle the glass container with care, this is a good product which offers functionality and complete value for the money. If you are looking for consistent grind for your daily coffee needs that does not exceed 4-6 cups, then this coffee grinder is an ideal option.